Sample of Visual Material
The sample materials available below correspond to the versions used in the latest training events at BSC and LRZ, and that have been used in multiple events during 2019 at ISC19, NERSC and KAUST as well. These materials will be updated for SC20 with the feedback received in other upcoming events (eg. ISC20 tutorial already accepted).
- Slide decks with the description of OpenMP [PDF]
- Slide decks with the description of the methodology based on motifs and code patterns, and the OpenMP parallel implementations of each code pattern [PDF]
- Slide deck with the pattern-based approach applied to intermediate-level OpenMP/OpenACC parallelization [PDF]
- Set of example codes to use in the hands-on sessions covering representative HPC workloads [ZIP]
- Worksheet with step-by-step instructions and record table for PI and LULESHmk using Parallelware Trainer tool (PDF)
- Worksheet with step-by-step instructions and record table using Parallelware Analyzer tool and the NAS Parallel Benchmarks. (PDF)
Related training activities during 2019-2020
The sample materials available above have been curated and updated with the feedback received in the following events that took place during 2019-2020.
- BSC PATC Training course (March 2020): https://www.codee.com/patc/
- LRZ OpenMP common core (February 2020): https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2020-02-11_homp1w19/
- NERSC Training (October 2019): https://www.nersc.gov/users/training/events/parallelware-tool-workshop-october-17/
- NERSC Training (June 2019): https://www.nersc.gov/users/training/events/parallelware-tool-workshop-june-6-2019/
- KAUST Training (March 2019):https://www.hpc.kaust.edu.sa/GPU-2019
- ISC19 tutorial: OpenMP Common Core: Learning parallelization of real applications from the ground-up (June 2019): https://2019.isc-program.com/presentation/?id=tut110&sess=sess105